Sunday, August 2, 2009

Florence Post #3

Helloooo there Family and Friends!

It is Sunday night here in Florence and Ry and I finished having FREE dinner at our hostel a little while ago! I had spaghetti and Ry had pizza with ham and shrooms. It was yummy and of couese tasted sooo good because it was free! Although the price for breakfast and dinner is probably included in the amount it is to stay here, it's nice not haveing to fork out any Euros at dinner time. We had a great full day of walking around and seeing the sights. I wish we would have brought a pedometer to see how much we actually walk all day. We saw the REAL Michelangelo's David today! It was really Neat! And a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be. No, not it his junk! "It" the Sculpture! haha!


This is Ry at lunch eatting some sort of Panini... and for those of you who read other posts that have realized our only dispute is over eating, you realize today was a great day! We actually ate 3 meals. Think this might be a first in a week! :) I was happy! And my stomache didn't hate my life or Ryan! And I also had a chocolate gelado! It was so good and made me think of my Uncle Dave who always talks about the Gelado in Italy!


Yep, this is me kissing The David's stone ass! But don't worry it's not the real David! It's a replica that is in a big square infront of a big building that I forgot the name of. (UPDATE From Ryan: The Building is called the Palazzo Vecchio) I think these kind of pictures are my favorite to take as you probably realize by now, the one of me holding the world, the one with the wings and this one! We definitely took another one but it's not G rated! haha! :) I'll show you when we get home. Seeing the REAL David was really Amazing! Actually all the scuptures we have seen are so neat, they have so much detail and some actually look real, well not really but kind of.

Which brings me to the next picture...

Are all these sculptures really appropriate? I mean really...come on! This poor guy is on his knees getting his hair pulled about to get peed on and wacked by a club! All being done completely naked! And on another note, while the person who sculpted this piece was working, who were the poor guys who had to hang out in this position the whole time? IDK... just thoughts that run though my head while walking around Florence appreciating art! And thought I'd give all of you a little insight into how I think.

Something I've realized in a week while traveling. I have a door and knob fetish! I know it sounds a little odd, but the doors every where are so cool! I can't help but want to take a picture of all of them. I swear, no two doors are alike! They are all different sizes, colors and have different designs. Some being very intraquite, while others very plain. The way I justified taking this picture was making Ry be in it as well! And believe it or not everytime I see a neat knob I tell Ry, "Go hang on that knob so I can take a picture!" For some reason makes me laugh every time!!

Well thats all from me tonight, Sweetest of dreams even though I think it's 1 PM your time! I believe we are off on a bus ride to Sienna for a day trip tomorrow, and then the following day on a train to Rome! Think I'm almost done with traveling, I sound like a brat but truthfully it's different than a vacation. Can't wait till we get to go to Croatia, to be with Ry's relatives and start our vacation!

Love always,

K

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hey guys! I tried to comment the other day but idk if it worked. So im writing again. I love this blog! wow it is so awesome! I feel like I'm there with you guys! Keep on having an awesome trip!!! I miss you and love you lots! ps. Kristina i love the pix of you kissing Davids ass! HAHA! love, Jena

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi ryan and kristina wow i love your blog u always make me laugh. wish we were in europe with u guys and our human gps.ha ha. enjoy the rest of your vaca can't wait to see all your pics. bye birthday buddy. love auntie

    ReplyDelete