Saturday, August 1, 2009

Florence Post #1


Ciao (Hello),

Today was a travel dee, and it was soo hot! We left Venice this morning and took a train to Bologna, where we had a little layover, and then hopped on another train to Florence. Just to let all of you know, yes there was a direct train to Florence, but we Portagees saved 15 Euro making a stop...and you know what that means?! That was money saved for me to get a gelado! :)



K and Ry with our packs ready to hop on the train. (Yes, Crystina I stole your hat and took it to Italy :)) My pack grew and gained weight while in Venice. Or I think that on travel days, as I like to call them, I would wear jeans but not this time because I was getting swamp ass on the train, so I wore basketball shorts instead. Right after this picture, our trained arrived and we got on. When we got inside the car we realized that this was a very nice train, not realizing that we were trying to sit in first class with a 2nd class ticket. By the time we walked back 3 train cars, there were no seats! So we sat on the floor! It was awesome! Not!


We got to our hostel today, and what do you know our room is my favorite number! 14! No I'm not a gangster who tags XIV on the walls, I'm just one of those kids whose favorite number is the day of their birthday, which happends to be Aug. 14.


This is a picture of our new home! 4 more new roomates who probably won't like us... The bunk on the far left is ours. Ry is on the top and I am on the bottom. Seems to be a common trend! :) NO you sickos with the dirty minds, we've been staying in hostels lately and I've litterly been sleeping on the bottom bunk! For all of you who need clarification! Behind Ry are big lockers for our packs, which we've realized is a great thing in a hostel. This hostel is a great one! Each bed has a little night stand, plug and light. Also this hostel has free internet, breakfast, dinner and air conditioning!!

This is K's first Gelado! All because we saved money on the train, Ry let this ice cream slide! I was SOO HAPPY!! YUM! I got the flavor Menta which is basically Mint Chip with not so much chip! (made me miss my mom because she loves mint chip!) I know you can't taste it from the picture but let me tell you ...it was good!! Think I maybe gave Ry 3 bites which with the little lame Euro spoon is like 1 California spoon full! I was being an Menta hog! Also I wore my Jamba Juice shirt today, and people who comment on it we know they are from the US. One girl in our hostel tonight was like, "I could really go for a Jamba tonight!" She's probably really cool even though our conversation stopped right after that! :) Told you we were good at the hostel meeting people thing!


Well that's all from me for now! Ry is looking up trains to see what day trips we can take from Florence. Hope all is well at home!

Take Care! Ciao (Goodbye)!

Love always,

K

PS. It's finally August! 13 more days till my birthday! :) YAY!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment