Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bol Post #2

Hi Everyone!

Today we spent the whole day walking around, laying on the beach and swimming in the sea! All the relatives are so loving and fun to be around! Believe it or not one of the older men made fun of my eyes being squinty. Think he thought I was Asian and was very suprised when I said I was Portuguese and Italian! It made me laugh because he was talking in Croatian but Ry and I could tell what he was saying.



This is Ry at breakfast. We slept in past the breakfast with everyone else, but that didn't stop them from bringing us out a donut-like thingy, fresh rolls, cheese, salami, juice and some other lunch meat. It really is great and we are totally enjoying our time in Bol.


We found the K Market! I have no idea if they sell anything good, but saw the K and had to take a picture. The bus we took to Bol had K's on their hubcaps! I got totally jealous and almost stole them for my car! JK! Get it? J...K!


This is the town of Bol! It is so BEAUTIFUL and the water is amazingly clear! Ry and I were on a walk this morning and decided to both get in this shot, so we set up the camera with 10 seconds and suprisingly the picture turned out great!


Ry and I after our last swim in the sea of the day. And yes I think Ry's eyes just might be a tad squintier than mine, or at least one of them! We have been trying to get some color since we are two of the whitest people on the beach! Today we walked down to the nude side of the beach and turned around and walked right back! Oh my my my...things I didn't need to see!! Although I must say there is something freeing about being naked and not caring! I love it over here! There is no judgements! People of all shapes and sizes are either in a two piece, have no top on, completly naked or in a speedo! No one cares! It makes me wish that our society wasn't so focused on weight and what you look like! Makes me realize how shollow we are! Everyone is happy in Bol, and so excited for company and to eat! Whereas in the US, people are angry and counting calories; it's not like that over here. It is a breath of fresh air, so to say! I could definitely see Ry and I coming back here sometime soon and spending more time in Bol!


Tomorrow we are off to the other side of the island to a town called Postira, where we will meet up with more family and my brother Matt! I guess there will be no more naked tanning for me! haha! JK!!

It's hard not to LOVE it here! There are moments that Ry and I look at each other and just say sarcastically, "man this sucks!" . It really is sooo neat and the best trip and we are just loving life!!

Nighty night!

Love,

K
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment