Saturday, August 8, 2009

Rome Post #7

Ancient Rome is super old. You might say it's super duper old! Rome was very neat and was such a fabulous learning experience. Oh wait! The one tour I was supposed go on, I nearly had a panic attack and had to leave! Good thing I listened in my Art History class at Gav. And better yet that I took it twice to better soak up all the info!



Ry took this picture and I didn't even know! I totally just found it when looking through all of our pictures and it made me laugh! So I thought I'd share it with you! Because we all know...When in Rome!


This is where Caesar was killed. Brutus was an honorable man... et tu Brute!?! Those are the only two things I remember learning about Casear in high school, from Shakespeare's play Julius Caesar. And now there are just a lot of cats here! I have no idea why... but I counted 15 cats and was so thrilled! :)


This is Ry in front of the Colosseum... Alright I hope you are all ready because I'm going to teach you something. that I remember from Art History the second time I took it! Ok, look at the the different levels. They actually all have different columns. All the tops are different: square, curly, and fancy. I know there are more educational names, and I forget what it symbolized, but I thought it was neat to see in real life and not just in a book! (Side note from Ry: Now you all know pretty much nothing more than you knew before! Way to go Kristina! ;) )


The inside was not like I had imagined it would be! Not sure what I had pictured in my head but it was different. Our methods to have someone take a picture has developed quite a bit over our trip. First, we find someone who is taking a picture of their friend and offer, "Would you like me to take a picture of you two...?" Then they say, "YES!" really happily, and then they offer back! We found it works out great. Another way we do it is by trying to take a bunch of pictures of ourselves reaching out with the camera in one of our arms until someone notices and offers to do it for us. And suprisingly, sometimes people do!

Well bye bye Rome and hello Croatia! Off another another travel day traveliest yet!

Always,

K :)


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hey you 2! Looks like your still having a blast! Kristina you totally made me laugh with the coloseum level things but hey you remembered more than I do! lol. Love this blog! Ryan that tour under the vatican sounds awesome! Miss you both. See ya soon.
    -Jena

    ReplyDelete