Thursday, August 6, 2009

Rome Post #1

Another Travel DEE!! Today we took a four hour train from Florence to Rome. I must admit that I took a nap for most of the time, because people on the train are were more quiet than those in our hostels! We are really excited to be in Rome for a few days and then off to Croatia!



This is me and a staple product in my life, always has been! Peanut butter and Ritz crackers! Thank you to Mary who found travel (snack pack) sized peanut butters! And in Florence we found a box of Ritz at the Market! I was overfilled with joy! I'm not a big deli meat/sandwich kind of person so in my childhood everything revolved around peanut butter: Peanut butter sandwich, peanut butter and ritz, celery and peanut butter...think you get the idea! This picture is great not only because of the amazing travel snack but the resemblence of something familiar on the lid! Anyways think you get my drift, it was so funny and we laughed really hard!


I know you guys probably haven't seen many pictures of us in our packs, because we've been very blessed to have our hostel normally within five to ten minutes walking distance from the train station. In Rome our hotel is about a one hour walk from the train station. We were so excited not to be in a hostel anymore that we set off to our hotel with plenty of motivation. In the picture above, our hotel directly behind Ryan! Our room is on the fourth floor, far right room on the corner (Which is technically the 5th floor for us people from the US, because in Europe they count the ground level as floor zero!). And we have two veiws out our window looking right at the Pantheon! It's AMAZING! Thanks Again!


Getting to our hotel was well worth the walk, but mind you it was HOT!! Ry and I wore the best colors to walk in of course, faded black and gray! We arrived and had the best sweat marks! What better than to take a picture of this very picturesque moment of my sweaty back! And to top off this picture I'm actually wearing an old sofball shirt that says, "Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!" Suitable for the long journey!


Ryan and I trying to take a clever picture! Those are our hotel doors and us in the reflection!


We are happy to Finally be in Rome!! And have a big day tomorrow!

Take Care,

K

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment