Saturday, August 8, 2009

Rome Post #5

We are leaving Rome today on a train to a port city where we will take a Tinkerbell Fairy to Croatia! We had two Rome-antic dinners two nights in a row!




As you can tell we totally splurged! We both got a soda, sprite for me and a Fanta for Ry. The first thing other than water that we've drank in a week and a half! Probably the only reason we got a soda was because you pay the same for water!


Our first Rome-antic dinner was at a restaurant called Rotonda. It was really good, and close to our hotel! I had Spaghetti and Ry had Gnocchi. We also got to have dippie bread so I was happy! The outside of the restaurant was under construction, so actually had dinner under decorated scaffolding! We both agree, as ghetto as that seems, we thought they did a great job keeping a good ambiance. After we finished our dinner, just enjoying each others' company, a woman about 15 ft. away threw up in the middle of the road. She was a smart puker and threw up in a gutter luckily, after she was done some people acidently walked threw it! I was dying and Ry had his back to it all so just knew what was going on by my sound effects and facial expressions!


Last night we had dinner at a place called Don Chisci...blah blah blah something, I forgot the name. It was located in the Piazza Navona, where we had the view a very famous fountian by Bernini, and many street performers. Our dinner was good, but we realized that night that when you are young sometimes you get treated like less of a person. It's really sad actually, I believe it's along the lines of ageism! Not that they were super mean to us they just aren't as nice. IDK! Anyways....


Yes I know you all are thinking we actually packed a few nice things to wear in those big packs of ours! We very much enjoyed ourselves, and realized that until we order wine/vino we aren't going to fit in with the crowd in Italy! Oh yeah and start smoking! Nothing more Romantic than having dinner with someone a ruler away blowing smoke at you! Awesome!


The first night at dinner I actually thought Ry was going to propose! He started saying a long list of REALLY NICE things about me, and it was so nice, making me get all teary eyed feeling so loved...and then he ended that with, "I just love you, you make me laugh!" Yup that was that! He is just a nice guy and was just giving me compliments without having to say that before proposing! Made my heart happy! I love that guy!!

In case you're keeping count, there are seven more days until my birthday, and 11 days until we head back home (If you don't take into consideration the time delay between us writing and posting this...) :)

Love,

K
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment