Thursday, July 30, 2009

Munich Post #3

Continued from Munich Post #2...



We had dinner at the Hofbrauhaus, literally right next to our hotel. This is the most famous pub in the world! Very cool place, although would've been cooler with many friends to get into the spirit with.


We ordered a Radler to share, I know what you're thinking, weak... But for not being big beer drinkers, we were pleasantly surprised by our liter. Maybe because, as I learned later, a Radler is like half lemon-lime soda... So fair enough, we're weak. In Kristina's defense at least, beer and antibiotics probably wouldn't have mixed well. No real good excuse for me.


"Ryan playing with his wieners," is what Kristina calls this picture. Had to try some real Bavarian food, so I figured I'd order the sausage plate. Even ate all the saurkraut, if you can believe that! Kristina had some kind of steak with gravy and scalloped potatoes, which was also really good. P.S. Kristina says Sausagefest would be a much better name than Oktoberfest.


And finally, us loaded up again with our packs, leaving the way too nice Hotel Platzl, and heading for the train to Salzburg, where The Hills Are Alive, Ahhhhh Ahhh Ahh Ahhhhhhhh! A great start to our trip!


More to come, and feel free to email or comment with questions/comments/picture requests!

Love you all, take care,

Ryan
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. You guys are so awesome, I'm loving the blog...duh! I'm pretty sure we'll never get to Europe, so living vicariously through your travels! Have fun, stay safe and keep the updates coming! Love ya! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Guys, you look like you are having a blast! I love how you take pics with food!!! Pat and I did that too haha. Food was my favorite part and Pat loves beer so he always got a picture with pal. Take care and be safe, Love Julie

    ReplyDelete